2/09/2010

Amplifide Classics: Thirst (December 2008)



Being a still young and venerable DJ, I took a very long break from recording mixes as i struggled to regain balance and stability by finding MY music. The previous few mixes and sudden obsession with deep progressive and electro-house had left me teetering on a brink of what I actually liked in electronic music anymore. Once again I found myself turning back to my roots in Trance. This re-awakening came in the form of Armin Van Buuren's weekly radio show, A State Of Trance. The show inspired me to take my mixes to another level, although keys were still out of the picture and timing was still hadn't completely developed, from here on out putting together a new mix would consist of hours of studying and listening to new music. This was also a point in my life where I started to change mentally and begin to see life in a somewhat darker and more realistic aspect. The younger me started to fade away as I began to look toward the future and the rest of my life, not only as a DJ but as a person.

The Thirst Mix (December 08) showed my further maturing as a DJ and musician as i began to take the mixes more and more seriously. I began to be annoyed with people who looked only at THEIR genre. I wanted to embrace electronic as a whole; an aspect which one cannot see only by listening to my recorded mixes but has to take in live sets too. When a hip hop artist is looking for inspiration he doesnt only listen to hip hop records. He listens to old school, R&B, jazz, even rock. Why should Electronic be any different for a DJ?

Thirst includes tracks from: Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Kandi & Neumann, Duderstadt (Nitrous Oxide),  Ee-Sma, Kyau & Albert, Julian Vincent, Ilya Soloviev & Paul Miller, Ben Gold (Sean Tyas), Dash Berlin (w/ Cerf, Mitiska, & Jaren), Daniel Kandi (Paul Miller), Oceanlab, Paul Van Dyk feat Lisa Miskovsky, and The Killers.


I absolutely LOVE this mix. (Favorite track: Lovin Feelin)


Download Thirst Mix (December 2008) (Click here)

*Update: Check out TMS Redux featuring tracks from this mix!

0 comments:

Post a Comment